Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Google Chef

We had a great family dinner on Sunday at my house. I think this was the first time I played hostess/chef. I've had people over before, but I either didn't cook, or they were a surprise drop in. In attendance was me, Mike, my mom, my dad, Amy, Mark and Sarah. I made spaghetti, garlic toast, biscuits and corn. My mom brought salad and dressing, and Amy made brownies (they were nice and moist!). Well, I got the bright idea to google a recipe for Chicken Parmesan. I thought it would spice things up a little. One of my favorite recipe sites is actually Ragu.com because I love their spaghettie sauce. Mike's favorite thing I make him is from that site (the pizza dippin' strips).

So I gave it a try. I had a 9" x 13" baking dish, and I fit about 10 small chicken tenders in it. First I beat up some eggs, and dipped the chicken in the egg, then in some italian bread cumblies. I set them in the tray and baked them on 400 for about 15 mins... the recipe said 20, but that was for full sized chicken breasts... Then I pulled them out and poured the spaghetti sauce over the chicken, and sprinkled with shredded mozerella cheese. Then it was back in the oven for another 10-15 mins.

How did they turn out? Mike gave me an A+. Even my dad said "You bake now?" Whatever dad. :) So I give Annie the Master Chef title, and I'll take the title of Google Chef. :) Here are some pictures we took:





3 comments:

TomKat said...

Sounds yummy! Good job on the cooking :)

ryan and kami said...

Now I'm really excited for the Waite dinner, what are you going to make???? I think it's hilarious that Mike loves pizza dippin' strips because Ryan is in love with the same thing when I make it, those crazy Waite's!

Bree said...

Crazy Waite boys indeed! :) I'm thinking Hawaiian Haystacks for the Waite dinner...