Saturday, January 3, 2009

Missed the boat

Alright... so we didn't make our goal "Eliminate in 2008" which meant having paid off all our credit card debt by Dec 31, 2008. Boo. But hey, we made it 73% of the way! Christmas can be such a drag. BAH HUMBUG! Well, ok, so I loved all the stuff Mike and I bought each other, but we're tightening the purse strings and cinching up the belt on our splurging appetites.

We retired the "Eliminate in 2008" goal and renewed the goal to pay off our credit card debt by June 30, 2009. I call it "My Credit's Fine in Summer, 2009." At least we survived the Christmas season by not ADDDING to the credit card debt. Woot.

But even more exciting than that is that we are going to pay off my Focus by April! Just 4 months away! That will be 2.5 years early from it's original term and the interest we will save is about $1600! We refinanced it in Sept for a lower, and fixed, interest rate. It was about to go variable. *shivers* Since then we've paid off 20% of the remaining balance! Go team!

2 comments:

TomKat said...

Bree, I love your titles for your debt free challenge. Great goal! You're awesome, I'm sure you'll do it by June!

Mark and Amy said...

Awesome on the car! That will help to lower your debt to income ratio :)