Friday, August 29, 2008

Plant Killer!

So I neglected a plant that the previous owners had put in the front garden and I am so sad! It was a Butterfly Blue or Pincushion perrenial. I think it's in trouble because I read that they bloom all the way into early fall and they are supposedly an extremely hardy plant. Sigh. So I dug it up, I split it in thirds and put them in pots, with some extra good soil and I hope that I can revive them! I've added a link to my blog so you can see what it's supposed to look like. I have a couple other developments... I dug up the chicken and hens from the clay pit and put them in their own pot. Then I took some grass clippings and mixed them up with the clay pit. I'm hoping to do a little in-ground composting so that next spring that square will stop being a clay pit, for crying out loud. :) Third and last development is some Holly Hock. My mom gave me some seeds of pink and red. I have a couple spots I think I will plant them. My tomato is doing well, but my carrots are not. My roses look good cause I've been pretty good about deadheading them. Here are some pictures:

No comments: